With colder, windier, drier weather approaching for most us, you probably need to rethink your facial care products. When it’s time to change the clocks, it’s usually time to change your skincare too. Even the most normal of skin can suddenly morph into sensitive skin during the coming months, but following a careful winter skincare routine can help you avoid irritation and trouble.
Winter weather is notorious for stripping your skin of its natural oils, leading to dry, itchy, and scaly faces and hands. Add in significant time in heated cars and houses, and you may start to feel like you are actually part sandpaper. Dry skin and eczema are two of the biggest complaints during the cold months, but you don’t have to suffer through without relief.
Fountain of Youth Skincare is ready to help you reclaim your skin this winter. With our line of organic cleansers, moisturizers, and serums, your skin can feel hydrated and healthy until the tulips start blooming again. Here’s what you need to know to care for your skin this winter:
- Opt for a gentle cleanser. Winter facial care requires a little tenderness. Face washes with artificial dyes or fragrances are especially drying, so be sure to choose a cleanser without those ingredients. Fountain of Youth offers two options that will cleanse and nourish your skin while still leaving it feeling soft and healthy.
- You have to up your moisturizer game. Your skin comes under attack during these cold months, and a high-quality organic moisturizer and serum combination is a must-have. Chemicals in your products can exacerbate the problems of dryness and itchiness, so look for products with natural ingredients to help combat this and keep your skin feeling smooth and soft. Fountain of Youth’s coconut moisturizer is a perfect choice for hydration this winter.
- Avoid hot showers. Although they feel wonderful when it’s frigid outside, hot showers are extremely drying for your skin. In fact, hot water actually can damage the top layer of your skin, leading to eczema and other irritations. But we get it; sometimes you want that hot shower. Just be sure to use a high-quality, hydrating moisturizer when you are finished.
- Humidify. Invest in some good humidifiers for your bedroom and other areas of your home to help counteract the effects of dry weather and central heating. Running humidifiers is an easy way to keep your skin hydrated.
- Don’t forget your gloves. Not only is the weather drying your skin, but thanks to the arrival of cold and flu season, you are probably washing your hands more than during other times of the year. This all adds up to really dry hands. Be sure to wear gloves outside, and consider kitchen gloves when doing dishes and other cleaning chores. Keep a good hand and body lotion close by to apply after each hand washing. For a real treat, consider the Cakie Pie Body Cream. You will feel and smell phenomenal!
- Give your lips a little love. Your lips really take a beating during the winter, often ending up cracked, dry, and painful. Try one of our 100% vegan, certified organic lip scrubs to exfoliate and moisturize, so you are ready to pucker up under the mistletoe this holiday season!
The weather is changing. The clocks are changing. It’s time for your skincare to change too. Nourish and hydrate your skin all winter, and you’ll feel and look fabulous!