If you’ve recently had a baby, it’s likely you’re wondering where that pregnant “glow” has gone. The increased hormone production and blood volume during pregnancy often result in beautiful skin for expecting mamas.
And then baby arrives. And suddenly you might not feel so glowing.
Rapidly shifting hormones can combine with very little sleep to create skin problems you weren’t anticipating. Add in recovery from delivery and limited time for self-care, and you suddenly may find yourself seeking postpartum skincare solutions.
You’ve come to the right place. Fountain of Youth Skincare’s line of organic, 100% vegan products is just what you need to get your post-baby skin looking and feeling its best. Here are eight skincare tips and products that will help you put your best face forward.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Your body can be very depleted after childbirth. Recovery, nursing, and lack of sleep all take a toll on you. Give your body and skin a boost by drinking plenty of water. Staying hydrated helps your skin’s elasticity and can reduce under-eye circles and puffiness.
- Nap whenever you can. Now is not the time to worry about house cleaning and preparing gourmet meals. For at least the first few weeks after delivery, try to follow this simple rule: sleep when your baby sleeps. Sleep is the time that your body, including your skin, can heal and become rejuvenated. Give your skin a chance to recuperate by getting rest whenever possible.
- Use products designed for sensitive skin. Right after childbirth, your skin will not feel and behave exactly as it did before pregnancy. Choose products that are gentle on your postpartum skin. Fountain of Youth’s small batch products use natural ingredients to soothe your skin during times of hormonal change and irritation.
- Remember your sunscreen. Even if you are only going to be outside for a brief time, be sure to apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen. Post-pregnancy skin is much more sensitive to sun damage, so don’t skimp on the protection.
- Cleanse a few times a day. Hormonal changes are likely to create oily skin and acne breakouts for a while, and using a gentle organic cleanser every day will help rebalance your skin. Try our Clear Skin Cleanser, formulated with orange peel and tea tree oil to naturally soothe and heal your skin. This powerhouse product also works as a makeup remover and helps to heal imperfections and scarring.
- Exfoliate as needed. Your skin is going through rapid and dramatic changes now that you are no longer pregnant. Give it a boost by using a gentle exfoliator with natural ingredients. Our incredible Chocolate Maxfoliant is mild enough to use every day and helps restore your skin’s elasticity and firmness. As a bonus, it smells like a delicious dessert!
- Moisturize faithfully. Give your skin the pampering it needs with a high-quality organic moisturizer. Look for products that soothe redness and pigmentation problems associated with melasma. Consider Fountain of Youth’s nourishing Green Tea Moisturizer for your face and body. With seed oils and shea butter, this hydrating product is appropriate for day and night. It leaves your skin feeling hydrated and smooth and reduces redness and discoloration.
- Perk up your peepers. When you look in the mirror (just kidding…what new mom gets time to look in the mirror?) dark, puffy circles under your eyes are probably the first thing you see. While you are running on limited sleep, treat your eyes to some extra love with our Coffee Bean Eye Balm. This all-natural beauty product is gentle enough for sensitive skin and is filled with antioxidants to help reduce swelling and puffiness around your eyes, so you don’t look as tired as you feel.
As you enjoy your new little bundle and adjust to life with baby, give yourself permission to take time for self-care. Maintain a gentle skincare routine with organic, natural products to help you feel and look refreshed. Your skin will thank you for it!